KODAK

Film Photography & Darkroom discussion

Moderator: Keith Tapscott.

Dan Carson

KODAK

Post by Dan Carson »

I just joined this forum and I know this is an old thread. It's something I'm very interested, however so I'll put in my first 2 cents here.

Kodak, it seems to me has grown too large to be able to make a profit in the "traditional" photo field. If they cannot plan to sell a billion of whatever they make, they don't know how to make a profit. It's sort of the economies of scale run amok.

What I see happening as a result of them retiring from the analog field and going completely digital, is they are opening opportunities for other manufacturers of analog supplies to grow and fill the void.

Every time Kodak discontinues a product, another smaller firm jumps in to fill the need, and usually with a better product. It will be more expensive, but I'm committed to large format film photography and willing to pay for quality.

In particular I'm into aerial photography and making scenic aerials around my home in Hawaii. I really don't care who I buy the film from, so even though I've used Kodak products all my life, I simply wish them well, as we part company. Dan Carson

Lowell Huff

Post by Lowell Huff »

We at Clayton, for many years, have been the only competition for Kodak in the Aerial Film chemistry products.
Our products are:
XR AERIAL DEVELOPER AND REPL.
C132 AERIAL DEVELOPER & REPL.

SPECIAL ORDER, NON STOCK:
276 Z POWDERED AERIAL DEVELOPER & REPL.