FX-39/Acros addendum questions

Film Photography & Darkroom discussion

Moderator: Keith Tapscott.

stevierose

FX-39/Acros addendum questions

Post by stevierose »

Hello
A note attached to one of the FX-39/Acros times takes me to an addendum supplied by Michael Scarpitti with his revised time recommendations. I am new to this and need a few clarifications:
1. No temperatures are listed. May I presume that the temperature for these is 20 degrees C or 68 degrees F?
2. Agitation instructions state: "Agitation during development should be standardised at two inversion once per minute." Does this mean that two inversions once per minute is all that should be done, or is it two inversions once per minute after an initial period of inversions such as 30 seconds?
3. He recommends increasing the times by 20% for roll film. I shoot 35mm and 120. What is the reason for the increased time?

I apologize if the answers should be obvious. I am a newbie.

Thanks!

Steve Rosenblum

Ornello

Re: FX-39/Acros addendum questions

Post by Ornello »

stevierose wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:24 pm Hello
A note attached to one of the FX-39/Acros times takes me to an addendum supplied by Michael Scarpitti with his revised time recommendations. I am new to this and need a few clarifications:
1. No temperatures are listed. May I presume that the temperature for these is 20 degrees C or 68 degrees F?
2. Agitation instructions state: "Agitation during development should be standardised at two inversion once per minute." Does this mean that two inversions once per minute is all that should be done, or is it two inversions once per minute after an initial period of inversions such as 30 seconds?
3. He recommends increasing the times by 20% for roll film. I shoot 35mm and 120. What is the reason for the increased time?

Thanks!

Steve Rosenblum
If you are going to scan negatives, use Ilford XP2 or color negative film. If you are going to use conventional B&W films, don't scan them. Use a darkroom.

Ornello

Post by Ornello »

Thanks!

Steve Rosenblum
You may want to write to Clark Kent of the Daily Planet in Metropolis. He knows how to reach Michael Scarpitti.

Keith Tapscott.

Post by Keith Tapscott. »

Thanks!

Steve Rosenblum
Some more info about FX39 here.

http://www.iconpublications.com/photon/ ... /fx39.html