Latent Image Regression with ILFORD PAN-F ---

Film Photography & Darkroom discussion

Moderator: Keith Tapscott.

pentaxpete

Latent Image Regression with ILFORD PAN-F ---

Post by pentaxpete »

I have had lots of film sent to me by a fellow member of the Pentax User Site which had been in his loft UNDEVELOPED for YEARS !
I managed to get good results on AGFA APX 100 using Liquid PROMICROL 1+14 for 12 mins BUT all his 3 cassettes of ILFORD PAN-F + were BLANK -- I tried ONE first in the Promicrol - BLANK -- then second one tried I HOUR Stand in RODINAL -- BLANK -- then tried Crawley's FX-4 Formula 1+3 for 40 mins when usually 11 mins is good for PAN-F --- BLANK !! Even the factory fogged Edge Signing has not developed which indicates a severe case of Latent Image Regression. Have other members of this Group had this problem ?
Got COMPUTERISED and 'slightly Digitised Pentax K10D' but FILM STILL RULES !

Keith Tapscott.

Re: Latent Image Regression with ILFORD PAN-F ---

Post by Keith Tapscott. »

Was your friend absolutely sure that the films were exposed?
I read somewhere recently that a roll of Pan F Plus was processed without any edge numbers, but the images were fine. Very strange. :!:

IanG

Post by IanG »

It's well known that Pan F has poor latent image properties, Ilford state it should be processed quite soon after exposure. So y+totally expected.

Ian

Keith Tapscott.

Post by Keith Tapscott. »

I thought the problem of image regression was solved when Pan F was replaced with Pan F Plus, obviously not the case.

I never really got on with Pan F Plus to be honest.
Today I would go with T-Max 100, Delta 100 or Acros. I did like APX 25 when it was available.