Maco/Rollei films and Ilfotec HC on Massive Dev Chart

Film Photography & Darkroom discussion

Moderator: Keith Tapscott.

kraker

Maco/Rollei films and Ilfotec HC on Massive Dev Chart

Post by kraker »

Can anybody review the given dilution for the Maco films in Ilfotec HC on the Massive Dev Chart? The given dilution is 1+5, which would result in a very viscous developer and a development time in the order of seconds rather than minutes.

Should it be read as "1+5 dilution after making the base solution of Ilfotec"? In that case it is different from all other Ilfotec listings: all others show the dilution starting from the "syrup".

I guess at least a note should be added that these figures may be incorrect. Any suggestions as to the right figures would be much appreciated.

Keith Tapscott.

Re: Maco/Rollei films and Ilfotec HC on Massive Dev Chart

Post by Keith Tapscott. »

kraker wrote:Can anybody review the given dilution for the Maco films in Ilfotec HC on the Massive Dev Chart? The given dilution is 1+5, which would result in a very viscous developer and a development time in the order of seconds rather than minutes.

Should it be read as "1+5 dilution after making the base solution of Ilfotec"? In that case it is different from all other Ilfotec listings: all others show the dilution starting from the "syrup".

I guess at least a note should be added that these figures may be incorrect. Any suggestions as to the right figures would be much appreciated.
I am wondering if the technical information for Maco films with this developer is a misprint and should have read as 1+15 instead.

kraker

Re: Maco/Rollei films and Ilfotec HC on Massive Dev Chart

Post by kraker »

Keith Tapscott. wrote: I am wondering if the technical information for Maco films with this developer is a misprint and should have read as 1+15 instead.
Hm, that would actually make sense. It's a "common" dilution, and it may very well result in development times of 5-7 minutes. Thanks, I might give it a try (and if I do, I'll send the results for the Massive Dev. Chart).

Digitaltruth
Site Admin

Post by Digitaltruth »

The 1+5 dilution was supplied to us by Maco and is currently published on their web site. You can access the page directly here

http://www.mahn.net/entwzeit.htm

I have no personal experience with this combination and no other users of the chart have reported any further information. This data has been included in Maco's official publications for some time, so it seems unlikely that it is a typo, but the only way to know is to give it a try. Please share your results with us...
Digitaltruth Photo
https://www.digitaltruth.com

kraker

Post by kraker »

Jon Mided wrote:The 1+5 dilution was supplied to us by Maco and is currently published on their web site. You can access the page directly here

http://www.mahn.net/entwzeit.htm
OK, thanks for the official pointer. If I give it a try, I will of course share my results.