another quandry

Film Photography & Darkroom discussion

Moderator: Keith Tapscott.

pirateoversixty

another quandry

Post by pirateoversixty »

have a roll of 35mm agfa 25 (pre-apx) that has been hanging around my freezer for a number of years, cryin out "use me, use me." I think the time has come to put it out of its misery. I seem to recall that i had to expose this film at EI 12 to get a printable image out of this stuff. any reco's after all these years? I really want to use this. My intent was to split the roll into two, the first to find out what it would do, the second to do some "good stuff", and kiss it good-by.
Jim

PeanutHorst

Post by PeanutHorst »

hahaha.... old agfapan 25....

it's a VERY good film, and if stored in the freezer it'll be fine. use ASA 25 on it, and develop in Rodinal 1:100 ,20c, for 8 minutes. (in a daylight tank) and she'll be apples. the dev chart might list alternative developers too.

go out and enjoy yourself ;)
My cameras:

Ricoh XR-1s, 55mm SMC Pentax lense
Asahi Pentax KX, Astron 28-70mm lense
Rolleiflex 3.5C
Zeiss Ikonta
Linhoff large-format camera

pirateoversixty

Post by pirateoversixty »

Well, Rodinol is my second-least liked developer. Haven't found the first yet. Have at hand Acufine, ID-11, and Diafine. Will probably use Acufine or Diafine: Acufine is my replacement for D-76, and Diafine isa possibility to control inherent contrast in slow films, though have only had mediocre success with Pan F+.
Jim

PeanutHorst

Post by PeanutHorst »

ID-11 is the go then.

I developed some Panatomic-X with it, and it worked perfectly, and the contrast was quite nice, but not cutting.
:)
My cameras:

Ricoh XR-1s, 55mm SMC Pentax lense
Asahi Pentax KX, Astron 28-70mm lense
Rolleiflex 3.5C
Zeiss Ikonta
Linhoff large-format camera