APP SKIPS STEP OR STARTS AT WRONG STEP
- There is a random bug which is affecting a very small number of devices. The bug causes the timer to skip the Dev phase, so to avoid any risk, we recommend that you start the timer a second or two before you pour the dev into the tank. It's very unlikely that you will have any problem, but if you do, simply click Reset and then start to develop your film as normal. Please also keep the app in the foreground during development while we address this issue. Because this is bug which is hard to trace, it may take a week or two before we have a fix. As soon as we have a fix, we will release version 4.4.3 for all Android devices. Please note this bug does NOT affect any iOS Apple devices.
APP CRASHES AFTER UPDATE to 4.4.x
- Go to the main Settings app for your device and select Settings > Apps > Massive Dev and either choose Storage & Cache (if available) or else choose the option to Uninstall (depending on your phone model and OS version). Next choose to Clear Cache and Clear Storage (or Clear Data). Uninstall the app. Shutdown and restart your device, then log back into the Play store and reinstall the app from your account.
Massive Dev Chart Timer App
Darkroom Lab Timer App
Audio problems during agitation (Android)
- Try turning animation off and on again in the Settings, then relaunch app.
- Go to the main Settings app for your device and select General > Language & Region, then set the iPhone Language to English and the Region Format to an English-speaking country. (Please note that this is not a bug in the app, but is a system error that can affect any app using multiple languages).
- Your font size is set too large for the app to display correctly on your screen. Go to the main Settings app and reduce the font size and/or turn off Bold Text.
- This is most likely due to a file association error on your device whereby another app has been incorrectly set as the default app to open unidentified files. First, try saving the MyTimes.mdc file to your SD card (or Dropbox, or any other accessible location), you can then navigate to the file, click on the three dots menu and choose "Clear Defaults". You should then see the normal menu of apps which can open the file and can select the Massive Dev Chart Timer. If that does not work, you can install the free app "ES File Explorer" which will allow you to associate types of files with certain apps right after its own installation, so you can locate the MyTimes.mdc file and import it correctly.